About the Easy Eyecare Pathway
We are pleased to have launched the Easy Eye Care Pathway across South East London. Participating opticians are listed below. You can also use the practice locator’s interactive map to find your nearest practices.
• You don’t have to be able to read or speak to have an eye test.
• Adults with a learning disability are 10x more likely to have a problem with their eyes.
• The eye test is not just about glasses – it detects eye conditions and general health conditions as well.
This is a specialist eye care service for people with learning disabilities and autistic people of all ages, who are registered with a South East London GP. The service provides:
• Longer eye tests or multiple appointments, where needed.
• An easy to understand report about your eyes.
• Local optometrists and dispensing opticians who have had extra training.
The assessment is NHS-funded and there is help towards the cost of glasses if